Looking for unique Colorado gifts that show off the best the Rocky Mountain state has to offer? This roundup (updated for 2023) is filled with high quality local gift ideas.
We've selected some of our favorite gifts that reflect the things Colorado does so well: mountains, hiking, whiskey & beer, fun local snacks, and more.
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit by Strongwater
- Colorado Starter Pack Tote by Colorado Crafted
- Local Whiskey by Dry Land
- Deck of 14er Playing Card by Stellar Games
- Snack Tote by Colorado Crafted
- Fiber Arts by Ucellino Designs
- Handmade Ceramics by Fenway Clayworks
- Colorful Ceramic Wind Chimes by Fettle & Fire
- Rover Pack by Topo Designs
- Trucker Hat or Beanie by Yo Colorado
- Colorado Microbrews
- 14er Posters & Stickers
- Colorado Field Guide
1. Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit by Strongwater
Colorado is known for excellent whiskey, so this one's a no brainer. The Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit comes with everything in it to make a classic Old Fashioned: Old Fashioned Cocktail Syrup, a bitters flavor of your choice (Orange or Cherry). All you have to do is add your favorite Colorado whiskey, pour over ice, and garnish. Cheers! Shop the Cocktail Kit here.
If you're not in the market for an old fashioned kit, we also love their variety pack of artisan bitters! Check them out here.
2. Colorado Starter Pack Tote by Colorado Crafted
The perfect gift for anyone new to Colorado! A roomy Colorado tote bag (perfect for bringing home Farmer's Market finds!), is stuffed with a cozy beanie made by YoColorado, some Colorado ski-themed socks by Aksels, an insulated water bottle (stay hydrated!), and a field guide to the Rocky Mountains. We think this is a cute and clever gift for those getting settled into the Centennial State (or those who daydream about moving here.) Shop the Colorado Starter Pack here.
3. Local Whiskey by Dry Land
Dry Land Distillers is a craft distillery in the heart of downtown Longmont, Colorado, that produces unique spirits influenced and inspired by Colorado’s landscapes. With a focus on single grain 100% wheat whiskeys, prickly pear cactus spirits, native Colorado gin and pure cane sugar rum, Dry Land spirits represent the authentic flavors of the American West. Shop here.
4. Deck of 14er Playing Card by Stellar Games
Peak playing cards feature Colorado mountains with elevations of at least 14,000 feet, known as Fourteeners. These mountains bring beauty and thrill to all who choose to explore them. Each card represents a different mountain, with minimal line art design displaying its unique shape and elevation. Perfect for any adventure, including camping! Find them here.
5. Snack Tote by Colorado Crafted
One of our most popular products is this Colorado tote stuffed with cool locally sourced snacks. This is a great mix of sweet and savory, healthy and indulgent. You'll be sharing an authentic taste of Colorado with this thoughtful gift, and to top it off it's packed in a roomy reusable canvas tote bag. Colorado Snack Tote.
Here's the Colorado Tote that all the snacks are packed in! It's also available separately ($12). Shop here.
6. Fiber Arts by Ucellino Designs
This maker creates a variety of amazing handmade fiber art - from wall hangings to children's toys. We love her style, and love how each piece is individual. If you see something you love, don't wait too long to snap it up! Shop here.
7. Handmade Ceramics by Fenway Clayworks
Beautiful handmade ceramics that evoke Colorado's mountain vistas are what you'll find here. We're fans of their mugs, vases, and trays. The Snowmass collection is super popular and beautiful, but we can't pick a favorite. You'll have to decide for yourself! Shop Fenway Clayworks here.
8. Colorful Ceramic Wind Chimes by Fettle & Fire
We love these stoneware chimes in their pale desert and mountain shades. They are sure to make a beautiful and soothing addition to your garden or front porch. Each hand-shaped chime is 3 inches across, strung on hemp twine. Shop Fettle & Fire here.
9. Rover Pack by Topo Designs
This backpack is a Colorado classic, and it's what put popular Denver-based Topo Designs on the map. With its timeless styling and durable build, the Rover Pack Classic is an iconic Colorado daypack silhouette. Designed for versatility in town or at the trailhead, this durable recycled nylon pack will hold up in any environment and stand out in all of them. Shop the Rover Pack collection here.
10. Trucker Hat or Beanie by Yo Colorado
If you live in Colorado (or even just pay us a visit) you've got to sport some sort of Colorado gear. Yo Colorado's colorful retro inspired hats are one of the most popular and stylish ways to do that. Grab a trucker hat for summer, or a cozy beanie for winter. Yo Colorado offers tons of styles, so they're sure to have something perfect for you!
We also offer Yo Colorado Beanies & trucker hats as one of the items you can add to a gift box on our Build a Box page. Check that out here!
11. Colorado Microbrew Tour
A tour to some of Colorado's best microbreweries would be an epic gift! The list is huge and always growing...but some of our favorites include WeldWerks in Greeley, Outer Range in Frisco, Cerebral in Denver, New Image in Arvada, and Primitive in Longmont.
Plan your trip using the interactive map here!
And if you can't make that happen, you can always mail a cool Colorado pint glass to the beer lover in your life!
12. 14er Posters & Stickers
Colorado is bursting with amazing mountain peaks, and we all get especially excited about 14ers. We were delighted to discover this cool collection of prints & other items emblazoned with artistic renderings of Colorado peaks. Shop for 14er posters & stickers here.
13. Colorado Field Guide
A cool new field guide to the Colorado Rockies! This well-designed little book is the perfect companion for day trips, long summer road trips, and in depth explorations. Inside you'll find travel tips about mountain towns, scenic byways, craft breweries, and more. Perfect for visitors, newbies and natives alike. Some of our favorite highlights include:
- Colorful descriptions and to-the-point highlights of some of our state's best mountain towns.
- Conversational interviews with locals about trail building, mountain running, mining scams, art, and more.
- A 5 day road trip itinerary including ghost towns, hot springs, scenic drives, and plenty of hiking.
- A rundown of the best classic Colorado hikes, day hikes, and fourteeners to bag. Shop the Colorado Rockies Field Guide here.
Need more gift ideas?
Whether it's for the holiday season or any gifting occasion, we're full of ideas:
- Colorado Gifts for Her
- Gift Ideas for New Colorado Residents
- Browse our favorite Colorado Souvenirs
- Colorado Care Packages
- Browse all the products we stock that are made in the Mile High City, and hand-pick your favorites!
- Check out our Pinterest board of Colorado Gifts here; we add new ideas weekly.